Yawning Portal Message Board
A message board located next to the well entrance in the Yawning Portal Inn has notes posted by people looking for someone who has disappeared, missing items or other information. Durnan charges a gold piece/month to post a message on this board.
Here are the notices currently posted:
- !!! REWARD !!!
Phineas Thann. Descended into Undermountain on 1 Mirtul in the Year of the Scroll with three cowards who returned without him. Contact: Gerald Thann, Thann Shipping Offices, Spindle Street, Trades Ward. Reward offered for his return, alive or dead. Additional reward for information regarding the cause of his demise and/or the return of his sword and other personal belongings.
- Are you returning from a successful jaunt into Undermountain? Do you have the determination to go back in? If so, our society seeks smart, resourceful (and discreet) adventurers willing to undertake forays into the Halls of the Mad Mage. Bring proof of your exploits to Hessna Blasphatt at Map Hall, located on Waterdeep Way at the foot of Mount Waterdeep. Solid references and a satisfactory background check required.
- Do you need help learning the truth about a mysterious object you found in Undermountain? Our sages can help! For a modest fee, you get a wealth of information and peace of mind. Remember: Knowledge is power! For more information, see Hessna Blasphatt at Map Hall, located on Waterdeep Way at the foot of Mount Waterdeep.
- In the dawn, beauty reigns, and the way is clearer. Praise to the Morninglord and his Holy Light. The Order of the Aster and the Church of Lathander seek information concerning the locations of shrines, temples and other religious sites used by the forces of Evil and Eternal Darkness, particularly those of Bane, Shar and Talos. Information concerning the identities, whereabouts and activities of their clergy also is highly sought. Contact the Order via the Spires of the Morning along Julthoon Street in Castle Ward.
- The League of Skinners and Tanners offers generous commissions for the gently handled hides of exotic monsters (no goblins!) killed in Undermountain. Those in possession of pelts containing either numerous holes or the burn marks of acid or stray fireballs need not apply. So get yer hide to Telethar Leatherworks in the Docks.
- The City Guard seeks information concerning smuggling, slaving, thievery and other illicit activities concealed within the bowels of Undermountain. If you have information that could make the City of Splendors safer, please consult your nearest peace officer. Your full cooperation is appreciated!